Thursday, April 1, 2010

Joy ... pure joy



This morning while checking my email I stopped by The Pioneer Woman's page. Then I screamed, wet myself, and did a happy dance while my children sat huddled in the corner terrified of the crazy woman they once called Mother.

This is what I saw ...



iStock_000003558149Small

SEATTLE!
Saturday, April 17, 2010
5:00 pm
THIRD PLACE BOOKS
17171 Bothell Way N.E.
Lake Forest Park, WA 98155


Oh happy life. She'll be here the same day as Cop's Wives Club. Two wonderful things in one day. Not only that, but I know where that book store is. I could probably even know enough back roads to be able to avoid traffic. Maybe. But I'm making Officer Hottie drive just in case. I'm most excited by the fact that she won't be in actual downtown Seattle. Because I NEVER ever drive in Seattle. Not even near Seattle. It's busy. The roads are confusing. The hills are steep. It smells a little like salt, fish and urine. I can't even think about driving down there unless I have a passenger who can tell me when and where to turn. I prefer having a driver who will just do all the work for me. Thank you PW. I'm sure you had me in mind when you planned this.

Alison, please don't go into labor this day. Please don't make me choose. Did you hear me Baby K9? Come before or after. But not during.

I think it's settled. Now I'm off to daydream about my new BFF.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! My best friend is going to flip! I have to laugh that they're lumping Seattle and Lake Forest Park into one neighborhood. That particular Third Place Books is not even close to the city! But, it sounds like you'll be too excited to pay attention to the road - so having someone drive you is definitely worth it. ;)

    So glad you brought this to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave plenty of time to get there and to be there. I've heard it's a MADHOUSE!

    Have fun, lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an eventful day for you! Tell your new BFF I said Hi! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, it appears Baby K9 is going to come before. :) Now that I know he listens to you, we will be visiting often for discipline purposes. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted an award for you on my site. Go see. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate Ree out of sheeer jealousy. She's just too flipping perfect all the time. It makes me want to throw up.
    I love her recipes. I just want her life with her perfect kids who never cause her any problems, her lust/loving husband and her oodles and oodles of money, huge house and huge EXTRA 'ranch' house where she cooks and has people stay over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um I live near Seattle, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Let me know what you're thinking!