Thursday, January 28, 2010

Feeling the love, and other sorts of things

I have been blogging for all of a month or so and I've found that I love it. I really really love it. I enjoy having something to write about and the feeling (because it is really only a feeling and not a fact) that people actually want to read what I have to write. And I'm having fun. I have also found that other people really like to blog too, and that I enjoy reading what they have to write about. Not everyone. Some people are dumb (sorry...but they are). I have found some really fantastic blogs that have been really super great and have made me even more excited about blogging. I've run into some trouble finding blogs specific to the LE life but I've found a few and I'm thankful for them. They sure make me feel less freakish for wanting to talk about what Mike does and how it affects me and our kids.
One of the most fun blogs I've found, and it has absolutely nothing to do with law enforcement, is The Pioneer Woman. She loves to cook (so do I...when I'm not in weight loss mode), she loves photography (so do I! I just have no clue what I'm doing), she loves her husband (um...me too!) and she loves her four children (wait! So. Do. I.). Oh, and she is hilarious. I want to be her BFF ... and so does the rest of the world. If you haven't seen her site yet, you should check it out.
I've also found that some people I know have something that makes them super passionate...some are into saving money, some are into living green, some are into natural childbirth, some are just passionate about sharing their day. I didn't realize most of these folks had a "cause" or something that got them all fired up. It's cool to see that side of them! I feel like finding blogs is a really cool way to see the world and what is going on through other people eyes and I'm having a lot of fun doing it. I think I mentioned that more than once. Sorry.

On a totally random and separate note, it's been nice that we have had a reprieve from law enforcement deaths for the last few weeks. I know that nationally crimes against officers are still on the rise and just because nothing has happened locally doesn't mean it isn't going on, but it has been a very welcome and needed break for my heart and mind while Officer Hottie goes to work everyday. I feel less anxiety everyday when he kisses me goodbye. He, on the other hand, hasn't let his guard down at all. This morning we were on our way home from Home Depot when we passed a trooper who had pulled someone over. She was standing right in front of the driver's side window. It bothered OH; he told me he usually stands behind the driver's window so the driver has to turn to see him. It's less easy for them to shoot at him is what he told me. I tried to quiet the thought that are still people out there who may want to shoot him and just be thankful that he isn't taking any risks. I'm still proud of him ... even something small like him mentioning how he tries to be safe while issuing a citation makes me proud. I sure do love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Let me know what you're thinking!