Friday, January 15, 2010

You know you're a Police Wife when...

I recently joined a Christian Police Wives group on Facebook. While looking through their page I found a discussion on "You know you're a Police Wife when..." I was cracking up. I thought I'd share a few that I can especially relate to...


You always have to answer the question "Can you tell I'm wearing a gun?"
* When you're in the car with a friend and she runs a red light, you hear yourself saying, "That would have been a $124 ticket"
* Your kids wave at every police officer they see and say "daddy!" even though it looks nothing like him (other than the uniform)
* You ask to go to a certain restaurant and his reply is "we can't eat there anymore, I arrested the cook last night."
* You let your husband sit down first in a restaurant or public place so he can see all exits.
* You know the phonetic alphabet and spell your name that way when talking to customer service
* You know what nystagmus is...
* On a holiday, you send food to the station for the rest of the crew
* You hear a noise in the middle of the night and your husband does a complete "building search" of your house, "slicing the pie" through every doorway as he goes
* Holidays are never celebrated on the actual day. Neither are birthdays.
* You encourage him to go to court (overtime!!)

Those are just a few that I could relate to. Do you have any you want to share?

2 comments:

  1. Scott and I are rolling right now! I related to several of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you've ever been scared that the kiss and hug you gave your husband before work could be your last...
    If your husband walks in the door and tells you he picked up 3 drunk girls and a prostitute last night and you don't bat an eye...
    If you've ever had trouble falling asleep until you heard the sweet sounds of the velcro from a bullet proof vest coming off...
    If his shift was supposed to be over an hour ago and you walk all around the house with your cell phone tightly in your grasp, waiting for a phone call...
    If people know someone who is in trouble and they call for advice about the law...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Let me know what you're thinking!